Hello, Foodies and Buddies!
We have a unique offering as our Dish of the Week this time around and it’s one that should excite all the meat lovers on our platform. Presenting, Pakistani-Style Fish Biryani by Chef Smita Dey from Ozone Evergreens.
We interviewed Chef Smita about her distinctive dish and this is what she had to say. “This is basically my own fusion dish which is a combination of Pakistani Masalas with Kolkata-Style Biryani.”
It is one of her authentic creations and Chef Smita says that it is a favourite which she keeps on the menu whenever she has guests over. But, how exactly did she decide to create a dish like this?
“It all started when my family members were bored of having the same old Chicken Biryani and one fine day they asked me to make a mildly-spiced Fish Biryani. I searched for a few recipes and finally made my own. Today, my family simply loves it.”
Chef Smita is very proud of her Pakistani-Style Fish Biryani and even gave us a full recipe for the dish:
Marinate the Fish with Salt, Red Chili Powder and Garlic Juice. Keep it in the fridge for half an hour.
Marinate the fish again with one Egg, Lime juice, Turmeric Powder and a little Besan for a very thin coating.
- Fry the Fish Pieces in Refined Oil.
- Separately, Boil the soaked Basmati Rice with Star Anise, Bay Leaf, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Whole Black Pepper, Clove, Gulab Jal and Salt.
- Boil until it is more than half-cooked.
- In a separate vessel, cook Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chili Paste and Shan Biriyani Masala in medium flame.
- Once done, add Fish Kebabs and toss well.
- Add curd water to it for a semi-gravy texture.
- On top, add the Cooked Rice, Coriander Leaves, and Saffron Mixture and keep it for dum for min 25 mins.
- Open the vessel and serve hot 🙂
The only challenge associated with this dish is to make sure that the fish is of great quality. As Chef Smita explains, ” If the fish isn’t of a very good quality, no matter what you put as ingredients, it will never have that melt in the mouth flavour.”
Thank you so much for providing us with such a detailed recipe of your signature dish, Chef Smita 🙂
Chef Smita is also looking to make her Set Dosa with Chicken Ghee Roast into a fan-favourite on FoodyBuddy and we are sure that it will be just as delicious as her Biryani!
Finally, in closing, Chef Smita had this to say, “FoodyBuddy is one of the best platforms for having yummy homemade, hygienic and yummy food!” That’s right, she said yummy twice because that’s how good the home chefs on FoodyBuddy are 🙂
If you would like FoodyBuddy to be launched in your apartment community, please contact us by clicking here!