Hello Foodies and Buddies,
In today’s dish of the week section, we have a healthy yet delicious dessert – Banana whole wheat cupcakes by Chef Gautami.
The cupcakes are made with Banana, whole wheat flour & oats, and offer a wholesome yet delicious alternative to traditional common flour cupcakes. Chef Gautami mentions that this was the cupcake that she tried and it has been her favorite ever since.
The Chef was searching for a healthy cupcake recipe that she found online and customized it a little according to her preferences and the outcome was great.
Chef Gautami says that the Cupcakes taste best when you use ripe bananas and the biggest challenge, in fact, is to find perfectly ripe bananas.
- Ripe banana – 1
- Wheat flour – 90 gms
- Oats – 45 gms
- Sugar – 75 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 120 ml
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mash the banana, add sugar to it and mix well.
- Add oats to it and mix well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon powder) and add it to banana sugar mixture, mix well.
- Add milk, vanilla essence and oil to it, mix well.
- Grease the cupcakes mold with oil or ghee and add the batter to it.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes
- Once done, let it cool for 10 mins and then unmould it.
Cupcakes are ready to serve! 🙂
Chef Gautami is also planning to make delicious Dates Jaggery cupcakes as famous as her delicious Banana whole wheat cupcakes on FoodyBuddy.
We wish you all the best Chef. Keep Rocking!
If you would like FoodyBuddy to be launched in your apartment community, please contact us by clicking here!